Grant Application Guidelines for Individualized Learning School Design
Education is critical to making our region better for everyone. Our education system should help all children reach their full potential. The Bush Foundation believes this requires a more individualized approach to learning, one that makes education more relevant for all students in terms of who they are (cultural relevance), how they learn (instructional relevance), and where they want to go (career relevance).
As part of its goal to make our region the national leader in individualizing education that meets the needs and ambitions of all students, the Bush Foundation partnered with 2Revolutions to go through a planning and design program, and is now offering grants to support school teams interested in implementing individualized learning models/plans that meet the following design principles:
Existing schools or soon-to-be new schools (public, public charter, or independent school) operating or intending to operate within the geographic region served by the Bush Foundation are eligible to apply through this process. School systems are also eligible to apply for funding. Specific eligibility requirements are listed below; and in the available funding levels section.
- Preference will be given to teams that have participated in the school design process offered by 2Revolutions from April to July 2018.
- School teams that have gone through another school design or planning process are welcome to apply and must meet the same funding criteria. Contact email@example.com. to understand the application process and criteria for funding.
- Applicants must serve students in the Bush Foundation’s service region of Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and 23 Native Nations that share the same geography.
Application Timeline and Process
- Applications must be submitted electronically using the online application portal.
- Applications will be accepted starting August 1, 2018.
- All proposals submitted by 5:00 p.m. (Central Time Zone) on October 1, 2018 will be considered for the first round.
- Announcement of funding decisions for the first round of applications is expected to occur in December 2018.
- Applications will continue to be accepted between October 1, 2018 through March 1, 2019. Decisions for applications received during this period will be given within 90 days from date of submission.
A cross-functional team of 2Revolutions and Bush staff, along with advisors from the education community will review and select applications based on the funding criteria above.
This list includes a handful of materials that will be helpful as you complete your application:
- Design Principles for Individualized Learning
- Learning Progression Workbook - This workbook provides detail into the learning progressions of the design principles for individualized learning.
For further information about this initiative and the grant process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.